Subject: Re: Getting mixed C & assembly output
To: None <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
From: John Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/20/2001 19:47:59
There does not directly seem to be an option in gcc to get mixed C and
assembler, but if you look at the assembly options there is the option
-a which produces an assembly listing while the assembler is doint it's
work.  You need to have h turned on and l=file for the listing file at
the assembly level and -g turned on at the gcc level.  Since -Wa allows
one to pass assbler flags on to the assembler one can:

gcc -g -Wa,"-ahl=C2Asm.lst" C2Asm.c

to get an assembly listing of C2Asm.c which includes C source in the
listing file C2Asm.lst

Hope that helps.
johnh...