Subject: Re: Any resolution for LKM issues?
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/17/2001 15:29:17
On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 03:50:32PM +0100, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> They're at a potentially long distance from each other.

How so? A potentially >32MB distance?

I mean, if we had an architecture which was similarly crippled for
far calls whose short calls were *really* short (say a few K), then
it'd be a problem, but as I understood it, ALL LKMs are loaded
somewhere around E00000, meaning they can (probably) all reach each
other.

Is that not true?

(I'll warrant this presumes that you don't have 64 MBs of LKMs
loaded... but we're already presuming that no one object is >64 MBs
for the whole thing to work at all, so...)

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net