Subject: Re: New release of uwscons with improved multilingual support
To: None <>
From: Kevin P. Neal <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/17/2001 11:46:27
On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 03:24:49AM +0900, Bang Jun-Young wrote:
> stefano wrote:
> > what i'm thinking ( and i was thinking when writting my
> > patches ) is hardcore the fonts in kernel like those
> > uniXXX.h fonts, some of them have a  start ( offset ?)
> > character , which will help if a multifont(???) file exists.
> It should be quite easy to modify vga_raster.c to embed wsfonts
> at compile time, but that will make the kernel bigger.

Come to think of it, I would like to be able to have my console be
something other than 80x25 on the first virtual console. I'm using
the stock wscons here on a text VGA display, FWIW.

If the first VT cannot be changed as a precaution against a user
borking the console then having the font and mode hardcoded in the
kernel would seem to be the answer.
Kevin P. Neal
      'Concerns about "rights" and "ownership" of domains are inappropriate.
 It is appropriate to be concerned about "responsibilities" and "service"
 to the community.' -- RFC 1591, page 4: March 1994