Subject: Re: New release of uwscons with improved multilingual support
To: stefano <stefano@bsd.gr>
From: Bang Jun-Young <bjy@mogua.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/17/2001 03:24:49
stefano wrote:
> iso-7 (greek) support is quite broken , uwscons reaction
> to iso7 encodind was something i so for the first time
> (i'm talking about my experience with previous encoding
> attempts which brought my patches to life ),seems
> that it starts with one character and continues printing
> all the way , what i meen is :
> 1234567890~!@#$%^&*()ABCDEF
> something like that... for any given text.

Was iso7.816 font loaded from wscons.conf? Were wsfontload
and wsconsenc installed in /usr/sbin and executed with
appropriate options? If everything was okay, it should display
Greek properly.

> i haven't enter the code yet ( this weekend i will and i'll
> try to identify the problem) just played with encodings,
>
> what i'm thinking ( and i was thinking when writting my
> patches ) is hardcore the fonts in kernel like those
> uniXXX.h fonts, some of them have a  start ( offset ?)
> character , which will help if a multifont(???) file exists.

It should be quite easy to modify vga_raster.c to embed wsfonts
at compile time, but that will make the kernel bigger.

Jun-Young

--
Bang Jun-Young <bjy@mogua.org>