Subject: Re: ACLs and groups - am I being silly?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Lucio De Re <lucio@proxima.alt.za>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/13/2001 16:49:29
On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 02:42:53PM +0000, Roger Brooks wrote:

> And IMHO a NetBSD ACL implementation which wouldn't interwork over NFS
> with Solaris (both ways) would be extremely silly.

In which case, the issue is cut-and dried, isn't?  It's a choice
between doing the Solaris thing and not doing anything.  Or are we
likely to find a better scheme and still retain compatibility?

Mind you, NFS security mapping could be in its own layer.  If we
design ACLs to be supersets of groups, my suggestion can still be
deemed to be only mildly silly.

++L