Subject: Re: Support for ACLs
To: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/10/2001 15:03:26
> Like it or not, people's expectations and demands keep changing, as
> processors, graphics, discs, etc, are all capable of doing more,
> people expect them to actually do more, and if all that is available
> is the same as 10 years ago, then no-one is going to be interested.
>
> kre

Actually, there is just about nothing i can think of that we have now that
_wasnt_ available ten years ago. There have been very very few real
innovations. The only 'progress' we've seen is cheaper stuff as a reault of
larger economies of scale in the industry and of incremental engineering
improvements in manufacturing processes. The rest is commercialized
mass-consumer fluff.

Isildur