Subject: Re: Device Properties: The Last Incarnation
To: None <is@netbsd.org, tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/04/2001 23:26:44
	Chris Demetriou has brought to my attention that parts of the Device
	Properties proposal may conflict with the (ab)?use of config_search in
	NetBSD/Amiga (and Atari; though some details may be different).

I don't think that you there will be significant impact
from device properties.  The current interfaces should
continue to work, and though I think you are doing there
is an abuse of the interfaces, it should continue to work
until you change to a property-based install.  At that
point this will all need to be rewritten to the new
interfaces anyway.

Eduardo