Subject: Re: fixed sized disk structures
To: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/22/2001 16:44:01
eeh@netbsd.org writes:
> I think we should apply the following changes
> so our definitions of on-disk structures do not
> depend on sizeof(time_t):

That's probably a reasonable thing to do.

However, at this point, the general decision about "time_t" on NetBSD
is that it "should be" a 32-bit quantity, even on LP64 ports.  (Until
that is, it's updated across the board to something else.) As far as I
know, the sparc64 violates that...

As far as I'm concerned, you have two things to fix, and indeed, if
you'd done the right thing with time_t months and months ago, wouldn't
have had the on-disk structure problem now.

cgd