Subject: Re: More Device Properties
To: None <cgd@sibyte.com, eeh@netbsd.org>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/20/2001 19:54:49
		> 	These are logically two different sets of flags.  They should be
		> 	separated.
		>
		> Well, they are being passed in in the same `flags' field in
		> dev_setprop() and dev_getprop() so it would be better if they
		> don't conflict with one another.

		I believe the point is, different sets of flags should _not_ be
		#defined in the same set, _or_ passed together, _or_ stored together
		in e.g. structures.

		Why would it ever make sense to reserve a bit for PROP_WAIT in a
		property structure, for instance?

	PROP_WAIT does not make sense on a property structure.  So
	you want to pass 3-4 different `flag' parameters to these calls?

Actually, come to think about it, the only flag that would
ever be actually attached to a property would be PROP_STRING,
and I hope to find some way of marking a property as a string
without requiring an extra flag field.  So, for the most part,
the flags change the behavior of specific functions.

Eduardo