Subject: Re: NetBSD/hpcarm snap code
To: Jason R Thorpe , Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/16/2001 20:19:46
On Friday 16 February 2001  6:23 pm, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 06:16:23PM +0000, Ben Harris wrote:
>  > Hmm.  This assumes you ultimately want to move all the ARM
>  > peripheral-controller code over to sys/arch/arm, which only makes sense
>  > to me if you're trying to get rid of sys/arch/arm32.  This doesn't seem
>  > to be an entirely settled issue yet.
>
> I thought the consensus was to have:
>
> 	arch/archidemes
> 	arch/acornriscpc
> 	arch/cats
> 	arch/dnard
> 	arch/hpcarm
> 	arch/rc7500

Hmm, is it possible to have a arch/acorn dir for the shared bits between the
arch, rpc and a7000's  (note that a7000 is currently a seperate kernel, this
perhaps should be investigated on if a merge of A7000 and RPC is possible)  I
presume the split is mostly based on having a GENERIC kernel for each?

> etc. and then to move the ARM CPU code into arch/arm/...?  This only makes
> sense if we are indeed moving towards a common MACHINE_ARCH (i.e. using the
> same ABI for userland).

Yep, would make management of the arm ports easier.

Cheers,
Chris