Subject: Re: NetBSD/hpcarm snap code
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/16/2001 21:05:46
Hi Ben,

(sorry for the crossposting)

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Ben Harris wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 11:55:48PM +0900, IWAMOTO Toshihiro wrote:
> >  > 1. Move SA11x0 peripheral driver code to somewhere other than
> >  >  sys/arch/hpcarm/sa, to make sharing the driver code between hpcarm
> >  >  and arm32 possible.
> >
> > SA11x0-specific code should be in arch/arm/sa11x0.
>
> Hmm.  This assumes you ultimately want to move all the ARM
> peripheral-controller code over to sys/arch/arm, which only makes sense to
> me if you're trying to get rid of sys/arch/arm32.  This doesn't seem to be
> an entirely settled issue yet.

Well a board is more than the sa11x0 pheripherals ... so there still is a
bunch of stuff in sys/arch/arm32 but still.... hmmm....

moving the stuff in sys/arch/arm sounds logical to me but only if all the
rest of the board specific stuff or hpcarm stuff is in the arm32 branch...
the SA11x0 can then be the processor only and MD stuff can then be called
using functions.

Reinoud