Subject: Re: New snapshot of raster/Unicode console driver available
To: Bang Jun-Young <bjy@mogua.org>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/15/2001 09:44:48
Bang Jun-Young wrote:
> No, the font format being used in 'uwscons' driver is not new at all and
> is completely _same_ as one being used in existing wscons and display
> drivers, except that it allows characters to have width of 16. It
> should be called "extended", not "interim".

Sure. The point is that is would be much wiser to use the 'extended'
format internally only, from maintanence and usability point of
view. User should wsfontload the X11 font and the code should
convert it as necessary and load into kernel (probably in the
'extended' format).
It would be much better if a user could use X11 font directly,
than to require him to convert it to 'our' format first.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
@@@@  Wanna a real operating system ? Go and get NetBSD, dammit!  @@@@