Subject: re: Linux pseudo pty
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/14/2001 19:30:14
On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Todd Vierling wrote:

# On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, matthew green wrote:
#
# :    The ptmx emulation code could be ripped out of compat_svr4 and put into
# :    compat/common with dependencies on either linux *or* svr4....
# :
# : no, it should become part of NetBSD proper.  we *want* UNIX98 ptys.

Do we want the /dev/pts/.* garbage to replace the current naming scheme,
or would it be possible to have a cloner coexist with the current
/dev/tty.. scheme?

# This code is emulation only, wrapped around BSD ptys.  If we're going to
# make it a standard part of NetBSD, we need a `real' TTY cloning device.
#
				--*greywolf;
--
*BSD: Unix With Balls.