Subject: Re: enabling rnd(4) by default
To: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/14/2001 19:24:11
On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:

: 	given the increasing number of crypto-ish tools used in the system,
: 	I'm wondering if it is a good idea to enable rnd(4) device by default,
: 	in sys/conf/files.  it is rather hard for us to enforce its
: 	availability by having it in all kernel configuration file.
: 	what do people think?  are there any real trouble if we enable it
: 	by default?

It should be fine remaining in kernel config files.

We should make *more* kernel trimming options available, not less.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/