Subject: Re: isa/fd.c #error
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/12/2001 13:03:19
On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 09:01:47AM -0800, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> Unfortnately, that driver historically had machdep stuff in it.

OK.  So there is machdep stuff for the i386, and something odd for
bebox (I have looked at the code a little bit), but alpha and prep
both work w/o any tweaking.  Is it reasonable to error a compile
off with

	"platform not supported by this driver, yet"

when the fix may just be to add "&& !defined(newport)" to the #if?

> I was just sick of having to modify N copies of a nearly identical driver.

Yes.  Thank you for unifying them!  :-)

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service