Subject: Re: isa/fd.c #error
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/12/2001 09:01:47
On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 10:59:09AM -0500, Allen Briggs wrote:

 > It seems to me that this is bogus.  The driver, like any other driver in
 > sys/dev/isa, should work on any machine with that device on an ISA bus
 > (modulo ISA implementation bugs).
 >
 > Is there any good reason to not rip this block out?

Unfortnately, that driver historically had machdep stuff in it.

On the i386, it reads the NVRAM to decide the density of the floppy
drives.  On the Alpha, it can't do this, and there was some other
random thing it did on the BeBox...

I was just sick of having to modify N copies of a nearly identical driver.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>