Subject: Re: Fun with Limits
To: None <,>
From: Ben Harris <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/08/2001 19:46:10
In article <> you write:
>(2) data size limit presents a bit of a problem, because if it's _too_
>large mmap-non-fixed mappings will have a hard time being satisfied
>(in fact, IIRC, the mmap code won't _ever_ place non-fixed mappings in
>that range).

This is true, and is a serious pain on systems with small address spaces.
To ensure that all processes can call mmap() (which malloc() does) on arm26,
I have to arrange that MAXTSIZ + MAXDSIZ + MAXSSIZ < 24MB, even though any
given process is unlikely to be hitting the text and data limits at the same
time.  This all needs to be made rather more dynamic.

Portmaster, NetBSD/arm26               <URL:>