Subject: Re: WaveLAN
To: Simas Mockevicius <symka@vejas.lt>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/08/2001 11:51:46
On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Simas Mockevicius wrote:
> does NetBSD 1.5 (i386) have drivers for WaveLAN cards ? And which if do ?

from wi(4):

           Lucent Wavelan/IEEE 2.0Mb Bronze
           Lucent Wavelan/IEEE 2.0Mb Silver
           Lucent WaveLAN/IEEE Turbo
           Lucent WaveLAN/IEEE Turbo 11Mbps
           Melco AIR CONNECT WLI-PCM-L11
           DEC/Cabletron RoamAbout 802.11 DS High Rate
           Corega Wireless LAN PCC-11
           Melco AIR CONNECT WLI-PCM-L11 cards
           DEC/Cabletron RoamAbout 802.11 DS High Rate cards
           Corega Wireless LAN PCC-11 cards
           ELSA AirLancer MC-11

     The original PRISM-I chipset is supported by the awi(4) driver.

From awi(4):

           BayStack 650   1Mbps Frequency Hopping PCCARD adapter
           BayStack 660   2Mbps Direct Sequence PCCARD adapter
           Icom SL-200    2Mbps Direct Sequence PCCARD adapter
           Melco WLI-PCM  2Mbps Direct Sequence PCCARD adapter
           NEL SSMagic    2Mbps Direct Sequence PCCARD adapter
           Netwave AirSurfer Plus
                          1Mbps Frequency Hopping PCCARD adapter
           Netwave AirSurfer Pro
                          2Mbps Direct Sequence PCCARD adapter
           Nokia C020 WLAN
                          2Mbps Direct Sequence PCCARD adapter
           Farallon SkyLINE
                          2Mbps Direct Sequence PCCARD adapter

     The original Xircom Netwave AirSurfer is supported by the cnw(4) driver,
     and the PRISM-II cards are supported by the wi(4) driver.

From cnw(4):

           Xircom CreditCard Netwave
           NetWave AirSurfer

I hope you find one that fits your needs. ;)
Please note that I did *not* get the 3Com and 2MBd ELSA cards going with
the wi driver.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>