Subject: Re: COMPAT_LINUX and RT signals
To: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@nimenees.com>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/08/2001 00:24:21
[Linux RT signals]

>       I don't know if anyone else did any work on it (brief look at cvs logs
> doesn't make anything obvious stand out).  If not don't expect that code to
> work.

Well... That's a problem: if we use Linux's glibc-2, it appear to only
use rt signals. And Netscape seems to needs glibc-2. [that one should
have gone to port-powerpc]

Could you do a bit of extra work on COMPAT_LINUX for alpha? I used the
linux_exec_alpha.c to make a linux_exec_powerpc.c which should work on
both powerpc and alpha. Could you try it on alpha? (And then we'll move
it to common if it works)

All you have to do is replacing linux_exec_alpha.c by
linux_exec_powerpc.c, and then rebuild the kernel. [that one should have
gone to port-alpha]

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus.
Ugly one-liners -- http://gizmo.minet.net:8080/sh