Subject: Re: COMPAT_LINUX and RT signals
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
From: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@nimenees.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/07/2001 16:43:06
On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 03:20:27PM -0500, Nathan J. Williams wrote:
> p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr (Emmanuel Dreyfus) writes:
> > It's not really a NetBSD question, but anyone knows where to find
> > documentation about Linux's RT signals? They are supposed to conform to
> > a POSIX standard, but I can't find the doc anywhere (web site, man
> > page, etc...)

> > When this feature was added to Linux emulation in NetBSD, someone must
> > have found how it works in order to emulate it correctly. Hence someone
> > must know that here! ;o)
> [we added this?]
	uh, not really.  When I started the linux compat on alpha code I
started to implement the rt signal stuff by figuring out what the
linux kernel did (utsl! ugh).  I never finished it because I needed a
way to store per-process emulation specific data (which we didn't have at
the time) and, while playing with ways to do that, got distracted by
something else.
	I don't know if anyone else did any work on it (brief look at cvs logs
doesn't make anything obvious stand out).  If not don't expect that code to
work.

eric