Subject: Re: PCI device driver for sparc, sparc64, and i386
To: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/06/2001 10:38:20
On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Steven Grunza wrote:

# I plan on writing a device driver for a PCI card.  I would like the same
# source to work on sparc, sparc64, and i386.  Are there any issues betwen
# the 32-bit sparc and i386 and the 64-bit sparc64 of which I should be
# aware?  I'm expecting to be calling hton and ntoh to deal with the endian
# problems...

I have a question:  Why for sparc?  I don't think there are any sun4[cdm]?
that use PCI.

...unless the sparc64 is making use of base sparc code in its drivers...

				--*greywolf;
--
*BSD: Agnostics in the Platform Religious Wars.