Subject: Re: Strange VM behaviour
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/05/2001 14:23:51
[ On Sunday, February 4, 2001 at 12:30:31 (-0800), Chuck Silvers wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Strange VM behaviour
>
> sorry, I missed the part about no disk activity.
> this sounds a bit different from problems I've heard of.

I may be way off base (I'm not yet running with UBC myself), but I seem
to recall having similar problems in the past too -- Hmmm... come to
think of it maybe I am remembering behaviour under the old Mach VM....

> On Sun, Feb 04, 2001 at 03:20:28PM -0500, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
> > Yes, my tree is very up-todate.  I've had this problem ever since UBC was
> > integrated.  It's not the same as the problem Jason fixed.  Jason's fix makes
> > interactive response better under heavly load.  Note that when my machine
> > freezes there is NO disk activity.
> >
> >     -- Lennart

BTW, I really do like Bill Sommerfeld's proposal for using flow control
techniques to manage memory resources....

--
							Greg A. Woods