Subject: Kernel threads
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Bharani Chadalavada <bharani.chadalavada@nexsi.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/02/2001 19:14:16
Hi,

I am a newbie to NetBSD kernel hacking and I am trying to implement a
device monitor routine which needs to run with interrupts
enabled(reading some registers etc). I am thinking of doing this using
kernel threads.(like a pagedaemon, reaper etc). Now this runs only in
the kernel context. Can I do something similar to the way reaper is
implemented for example? Basically the monitor has to see the same data
structures that the interrupt service routine for the device looks at.
It would be great if someone gives me some links which describe how to
do this or some code snippets in other ports etc.. (my machine is mips
based),

Thank you,
Bharani.