Subject: Re: PCI configuration
To: Ben Harris <>
From: Allen Briggs <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/02/2001 16:30:05
On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 11:58:31AM +0000, Ben Harris wrote:
> Shouldn't this be using the extent(9) mechanisms?

Thanks for reminding me of extent(9).  I haven't used it before.  I
probably should be using that, but I'm not sure how to.  I don't see
a way to allocate "the first aligned, N-byte segment" from an extent.
With extent(9), I need to specify where that region is.  Would it make
sense to specify an extent_find_region() and/or extent_find_region1()
to do a find the first region that matches the specified size & alignment?
It could then alloc and/or just return the base of the region.

 Allen Briggs               Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service