Subject: Re: Japanese with wscons?
To: None <bjy@mogua.org>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/02/2001 22:33:52
> > Why I released the font in readable format as wsfont is because I
> > needed to make sure every glyph is correct.

> I think you don't have to make sure that, because there is no need
> to include Japanese character in kernel source. If it is loadable,
> it is already good enough.

Perhaps I may notice the reason why this misunderstanding happen.
Let me make japanese situation clear. Unlike Hangul, an implementation
which can handle only Hiragana/Katakana is almost completely useless
in Japan. We need to use Kanji as well as Hiragana/Katakana, thus,
including those in kernel source is never option.
--
soda