Subject: Re: COMPAT_LINUX: why getpid() turned into a chown()?
To: None <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/31/2001 13:12:56
> From: Jarommr Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
>
> Ross Harvey wrote:
> > Well, what I can say is that my linux netscape, which used to
> > work, now won't even START on my system at home (1.5Q) and
> > my system at work (1.5R) since upgrading my kernel.
>
> What version of Netscape on which arch ? I'm using linux Netscape 4.7
> on i386 just fine.

Does 4.03 on i386 work for you in -current?  I would be surprised if it
did. 4.7 is a big slow pig, and I really don't have time to wait for it to
stop in a random and superficially nondeterministic way, and then rattle
the disk 200 times before proceeding. I keep both versions around; I use
4.03 most of the time and start 4.7* for some secured pages.

Actually, both 4.03 and 4.7 are goofy, did you know that thing forks off
and runs netstat(1) when it starts up?!

	--Ross