Subject: Re: COMPAT_LINUX: why getpid() turned into a chown()?
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/30/2001 15:13:27
	If netscape is linked dynamically you could relink glibc
	with the offending call wrapper updated to print out debugging
	then make the syscall. That would enable you to confirm exactly
	what is being done at that point and maybe reproduce it more
	easily outside of netscape.

	Incidently - if you are looking for other software with which
	to test the emulation, you might want to try Opera (binary only
	web browser), available in static and dynamic linux ppc
	http://www.opera.com/download/linux.html

		David/absolute		-- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --