Subject: Re: splserial() higher than splhigh()?
To: Colin Cholley <colin.cholley@IPricot.com>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/30/2001 11:13:23
--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 10:41:02AM +0100, Colin Cholley wrote:

> I believe the extremely lousy hardware in many serial controllers
> insists on avoiding almost any latency; thus its higher priority.

Amiga internal serial receive interupt is like that, too - although we
do block it by splhigh, I think. It only feeds a private ring buffer which
is only ever accessed by a periodic soft interupt that reads it out; so
I guess it would be even ok to not block it.

Regards,
	-is

--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh

--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh--