Subject: Re: network interface card in slot 3
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: David Querbach <querbach@realtime.bc.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/29/2001 09:54:04
> I heard PCI mapping code on bebox had some problem.
> I guess only ISA NE2000 was working.
> (bebox/conf/GENERIC has only vga at pci)
>
> My IBM 7248 (prep) also has similar problem that
> the firmware does not configure PCI interrrupt properly..

You might have a look at pci_attach_hook() in prep/pci/pci_machdep.c.  This
function forces the interrupt line setting to a hard-coded value derived
from a lookup keyed on the PCI device number, rather than using the
interrupt line register in the device, as is the usual method.

I'm not sure why this was done.  I didn't find similar code in the other
ports.

Regards,

David Querbach
Real-Time Systems Inc.