Subject: Re: First snapshot of graphics mode console driver available
To: None <bjy@mogua.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/29/2001 19:17:21
In <3A75097F.2169EDB1@mogua.org>
bjy@mogua.org wrote:

> > - It implicitly requires options PCDISPLAY_SOFTCURSOR.
>
> If I remember correctly, I removed all of "#ifdef PCDISPLAY_SOFTCURSOR"
> from the source. Emulating blinking hardware cursor in graphics mode is
> much harder to implement.

sys/dev/ic/pcdisplayvar.h (which is included by vga_pci.c) has it.
Maybe "options PCDISPLAY_RASTERCONSOLE" (or something) is required
to enable/disable this new feature.

BTW, I think rasterconsole on VGA is fast enough. It had been used
on Japanese version MS-DOS about 7 years ago with ~25MHz 486.
It was actually faster than 20MHz 68030 ;-)
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp