Subject: Re: First snapshot of graphics mode console driver available
To: NetBSD Kernel Technical Discussion List <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/28/2001 15:02:26
[ On Sunday, January 28, 2001 at 09:31:22 ( +0100), Ignatios Souvatzis wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: First snapshot of graphics mode console driver available
>
> Hm, don't the non-x86 nonVGA machines use something like this already? Of
> course, Sparc might use openfirmware calls instead...

I don't know.  Is there even wscons for sparc yet?  (my only
nearly-current sparc has just a serial console, but hopefully that'll
change in not too long a time....)

I would think it would be terribly nice to have full Japanese support on
a video console on a sparc.  I've seen such things in real life on real
workstations in Japan, so it should be "possible"!  :-)

--
							Greg A. Woods