Subject: Re: Page daemon behavior part N
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/26/2001 04:55:01
yes, an I/O scheduler which allowed for prioritization hints from the
layers above it would be most excellent!

while we're adding things to the wish-list, the ability to request
cancellation of in-flight I/Os would be good as well.  this would
allow us to reduce the effect of things like async flushes of
files that are deleted before the I/O requests actually make it
down to the hardware.

-Chuck