Subject: Re: Questions on NetBSD's LFS filesystem behavior.
To: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Konrad Schroder <perseant@hhhh.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/24/2001 18:01:56
On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Brian Chase wrote:

> I was a little surprised that none of the copied data was in place once
> the system came back up.  I'm guessing the nature of LFS is more for
> keeping a filesystem consistent and not so much geared towards being able

Well, right now, yes.  There is roll-forward code in -current that will do
what you expect, but won't be safe until after the "v2" disk layout is
integrated (specifically, the segment summaries need not to be dependent
on system clock time in case the clock jumps backwards; otherwise trying
to roll forward can really screw you).  "Stay tuned."  :^)

						Konrad Schroder
						perseant@hhhh.org