Subject: Re: pmap_is_referenced() -- not used?
To: Chuck Cranor <chuck@xxx.research.att.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/24/2001 17:41:10
On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 08:04:56PM -0500, Chuck Cranor wrote:

 > hmmm.   this part was supposed to be in the UVM code, but it doesn't
 > seem to be there.   that's an error, sorry about that!

No sweat -- I added it back, and it seems to have helped interactive
performance a fair bit.

 > i think you should be careful about not protecting it.   by placing
 > a page that has possible active mappings on the inactive queue you are
 > violating one of the assumptions that i wrote the rest of the code with
 > and it could cause trouble later....

Yah, I'm making a sweep through the code.  You just have to be careful
dealing with the PG_CLEAN bit.  Looks like the only place that really
needs help is uvm_mk_pcluster().  And it looks like it might not even
be *THAT* bad.

I'll post a patch in a little while.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>