Subject: Re: UBC performance patch
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
From: Lars Heidieker <paradoxix@heidieker.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/24/2001 19:33:48
Hi,

true because putting vnode cache page on the inactive list will keep the
the inactive list so high that pages will never be moved from active to
inactive by io, this also meens the cache wont grow on demand (it only
uses free mem).
To get the right behaviour I think its important to keep it the way it
is and to find a way that lowers the strength of driving processes out
of memory.

lars