Subject: Re: UBC performance patch
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Lucio De Re <lucio@proxima.alt.za>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/24/2001 16:59:36
On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 09:46:48AM -0500, Lennart Augustsson wrote:

> > Don Libes' "expect"?
>
> Can that simulate something like a mouse click?

I should think it can be done, albeit not off a standard NetBSD
distribution: it talks to ptys, and making X read mouse clicks from a pty
would be l;aborious but not impossible (I think).

> Futhermore, anything that runs on the machine under test will have
> difficulty determining the exact timing of things as it will be subject
> scheduling and memory problems of that machine (perhaps a high
> priority process locked in memory could do it).

How about running it on a remote X-server?  Will that fit the bill?

Just bouncing ideas around, the effort may well be too much.

++L