Subject: Re: UBC performance patch
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@mail.augustsson.net>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/24/2001 15:39:12
On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 09:35:12AM -0500, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
> I'm not sure how to make benchmarks for all of these things.  How do
> you test interactive responsiveness in a benchmark (without having
> someone clicking and clocking)?  I'm sure it's possible, but it will
> require some thought.

I guess 'interactive response' is subjective, but you could write
some program that keeps track of the pages while something runs,
and prints out the max/min/avg.

What could also be done is to run something like 'bonnie', but with
parameters that should make it fit inside the buffer cache, and
see how it does in both cases.

- Frank