Subject: Re: UBC performance patch
To: None <lucio@proxima.alt.za>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@mail.augustsson.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/24/2001 09:46:48
Lucio De Re wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 09:35:12AM -0500, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
> >
> > I'm not sure how to make benchmarks for all of these things.  How do
> > you test interactive responsiveness in a benchmark (without having
> > someone clicking and clocking)?  I'm sure it's possible, but it will
> > require some thought.
> >
> Don Libes' "expect"?

Can that simulate something like a mouse click?
Futhermore, anything that runs on the machine under test will have
difficulty determining the exact timing of things as it will be subject
scheduling and memory problems of that machine (perhaps a high
priority process locked in memory could do it).

    -- Lennart