Subject: Newbie questions
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/22/2001 18:11:04
I'm trying to get the kernel to fill in a SIMPLEQ, and reach it from userland
via an ioctl.

- Is there something simpler than a SIMPLEQ? (new to sys/queue.h)
- Shouldn't I need a copyout or something? Don't see where though..

Test userland prog works. With same function filling queue in kernel, I just
get back null pointer, then again it doesn't surprise me too much, as I put
a SIMPLEQ_HEAD in a header file, but what does a "global" variable mean when
it appears in both kernel and executable - not very global anymore...

FAQ pointers anyone?

Cheers,

Patrick (newbie)