Subject: Re: procfs_machdep.c
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/18/2001 13:08:57
On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Frank van der Linden wrote:

: However, I didn't and don't think that many more features will be
: needed. Perhaps a couple more eventually (but I'm talking over the course
: of years). Should I be wrong about this, and if it turns out that
: more Linux features are needed, then I'm all for a split. For now,
: it just wasn't worth it.

There really isn't a need for a split.  It's best if everything is found at
one mountpoint -- /proc -- even if procfs has to discern which emulation is
being used by the calling process at runtime (in the possible corner cases
of overlapping names).

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/