Subject: Re: Japanese with wscons?
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/13/2001 09:08:24
Hi,

I don't complain, but try to explain the situation.

christos@zoulas.com (Christos Zoulas) wrote:

Christos> Doesn't look right, or does not look perfect? Can
Christos> the user understand what it means?

Ideogram chararacter has its unique meanings on each of it.
It corresponds to a word in the languages written in
phonograms, not a character say `A' of English letters or
`Alpha' of Greek.  Though the origin of CJK characters is
China of course, the meaning or usage of ideograms is much
different so far.

e.g.  A word `Stein' in German corresponds to a `stone' in
English, but we don't consider changing all of the formar to
the latter.  They are words of different languages even if
written in similar glyphs or spellings.

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>