Subject: Re: Japanese with wscons?
To: None <bjy@mogua.org>
From: Takahiro Kambe <taca@sky.yamashina.kyoto.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/12/2001 13:14:42
In message <3A5E7DA6.4F5EDFDD@mogua.org>
	on Fri, 12 Jan 2001 12:44:38 +0900,
	Bang Jun-Young <bjy@mogua.org> wrote:
> Personally I'm writing a graphical wscons driver which can display
Another implementation exists for NetBSD 1.4.

	http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~pf5y-inue/world21-beta.html (in Japanese)

But it dosen't catch up to 1.5 nor current.

> languages other than English. It uses UTF-8 encoding, and once it's
> completed you'll be able to see English, Japanese, Korean, etc. on "one"
> screen. The first test release will be available shortly (within this
> week or next).
Hmmmmm.  But many imput methods for Japanese dosen't support UTF-8 but
ISO-2022-JP, EUC-JP or Shift_JIS.  :-(

> For testing I need a Japanese font in raw bitmap format (16x16). Could
> you tell me where I can get such one?
You could get from xsrc/xc/fonts/bdf/misc/jiskan16.bdf with converting
from BDF format.

--
Takahiro Kambe <taca@sky.yamashina.kyoto.jp>