Subject: COMPAT_LINUX/powerpc: one more stupid question
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/08/2001 18:41:30
Just one more stupid question: Because I was not able to match Linux
static programs, I had to add a ATEXIT_SIGNATURE test, that test the
existence of a __libc_atexit section, which seems specific to Linux
static programms.

This works for all statically linked programms, except for ld.so itself,
which is the only static executable without this section. We only need
to match executables, not libraries, but Linux's ld.so is both a library
and an executable. You can run it, you get this:
Usage: ld.so [--list|--verify] EXECUTABLE-FILE [ARGS-FOR-PROGRAM...]
(snip)

I beleive we don't care matching ld.so itself, but I'd like to have
confirmation...

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus.
NetBSD, parceque je le vaux bien.