Subject: Re: ffs panic with 1.5C (19/11/2000)
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@mediaone.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/08/2001 09:16:33
In message <200101062249.XAA20751@father.ludd.luth.se>, Ragge writes:

-> (gdb) target kcore netbsd.0.core
-> panic: vgonel: not clean, vp %p
-> #0  0xfffffc000045b418 in dumpsys ()
-> (gdb) where
-> #0  0xfffffc000045b418 in dumpsys ()
-> #1  0xfffffc000045b02c in cpu_reboot ()
-> #2  0xfffffc00003359b4 in panic ()
-> #3  0xfffffc000035e17c in vgonel ()
-> #4  0xfffffc000035db38 in vflush ()
-> #5  0xfffffc00003de410 in nfs_unmount ()
-> #6  0xfffffc0000360c40 in dounmount ()
-> #7  0xfffffc0000360a94 in sys_unmount ()
-> #8  0xfffffc000046369c in syscall ()
-> #9  0xfffffc0000300474 in XentSys ()

I've had this happen on both my laptop (quite a lot!) and on my desktop,
usually at shutdown, but a hand unmount of /usr (the only partition other
than / on the laptoy) tripped it as well.

-> This panic happens both now and then. Note that this machine do run amd,
-> hence the umount I assume. No other strange filesystems at all on the
-> machine. What's the next step? :-)

I thought this was related to kernfs or procfs, both of which are mounted
on my desktop box, but the laptop has neither, so I come to the same con-
clusion.

If anyone's interested, I've got a few cores from my x86 box with this same
traceback as well.

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                  rafal@mediaone.net