Subject: Re: ffs panic with 1.5C (19/11/2000)
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/06/2001 23:49:21
> On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 12:53:32PM +0100, Anders Magnusson wrote:
> > The vgonel panic happens very often on a production machine we have here.
> > Is there anyone that knows more about this area of the kernel that can
> > give me some hints about what to search for?
>
> Does it give exactly the same traceback? Are you using nullfs or any
> other layered fs?

Ok, better late than never, here is the panic:

(gdb) target kcore netbsd.0.core
panic: vgonel: not clean, vp %p
#0  0xfffffc000045b418 in dumpsys ()
(gdb) where
#0  0xfffffc000045b418 in dumpsys ()
#1  0xfffffc000045b02c in cpu_reboot ()
#2  0xfffffc00003359b4 in panic ()
#3  0xfffffc000035e17c in vgonel ()
#4  0xfffffc000035db38 in vflush ()
#5  0xfffffc00003de410 in nfs_unmount ()
#6  0xfffffc0000360c40 in dounmount ()
#7  0xfffffc0000360a94 in sys_unmount ()
#8  0xfffffc000046369c in syscall ()
#9  0xfffffc0000300474 in XentSys ()

This panic happens both now and then. Note that this machine do run amd,
hence the umount I assume. No other strange filesystems at all on the
machine. What's the next step? :-)

-- Ragge