Subject: Re: Quick hp300 interrupt question
To: Jason R Thorpe , Jarkko Hermanni Teppo <jate@UWasa.Fi>
From: Jarkko Hermanni Teppo <jate@UWasa.Fi>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/05/2001 12:21:58
On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 08:29:54AM -0800, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

> Interrupt sharing is just a fact of life -- nothing much we can do about
> it, unfortunately.

That's what I thought, good to know I was on the right track.

The hp300 printer port (HP986PP) is an interesting beast. It has a fifo which
controls STROBE, BUSY and ACK automatically and it can also do
DMA. I'm aiming for simple one-way byteblasting without DMA first (did I tell
you that it can go both ways ?). We'll see if I get anywhere with this:)

The "Writing a pseudo device" -document was a good bootstrap in the
beginning btw. Thanks to whomever wrote that!

--
jht