Subject: re: Intent to mkdir sys/arch/arm
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/04/2001 14:15:49
   I'd like a place to put shared arm26/arm32 kernel source code (and more
   importantly, header files), and I'd rather not wait for sys/cpu to become
   a reality before I get it.  Thus, I plan to create sys/arch/arm (following
   the precedent of sys/arch/m68k, sys/arch/mips and sys/arch/powerpc) in a
   week or so, unless someone can come up with a better solution and
   implement it in a reasonable time.

   I agree that sys/cpu/arm is ultimately where this code should end up, but
   only when all the other CPU-specific code is moved to sys/cpu.  I don't
   want to wait that long to start sharing code with arm32.

i see no reason you can't just use /sys/cpu/arm *now*, besides that we've
not moved anything there yet.  be bold!  be first!

.mrg.