Subject: Intent to mkdir sys/arch/arm
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/03/2001 17:32:14
I'd like a place to put shared arm26/arm32 kernel source code (and more
importantly, header files), and I'd rather not wait for sys/cpu to become
a reality before I get it.  Thus, I plan to create sys/arch/arm (following
the precedent of sys/arch/m68k, sys/arch/mips and sys/arch/powerpc) in a
week or so, unless someone can come up with a better solution and
implement it in a reasonable time.

I agree that sys/cpu/arm is ultimately where this code should end up, but
only when all the other CPU-specific code is moved to sys/cpu.  I don't
want to wait that long to start sharing code with arm32.