Subject: Re: ISDN subsystem
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/02/2001 10:11:05
> >  - include files visible from userland are in /usr/include/isdn
>
> Perhaps /usr/include/dev/isdn to save cluttering /usr/include any more?

To keep the #include <> the same between kernel code and userland code (which
I consider worthwile) this would mean moving the sys/isdn directory to
sys/dev/isdn too. In my view the ISDN stuff is more a kernel subsystem than
some specific device goo like a bus.

It would have the benefit of being able to move ISDN specific "chipset
drivers" from sys/dev/ic to sys/dev/isdn, but I am not sure this is the right
think to do.

I find #include <isdn/foobar.h> quite easy to remember subdirs in /usr/include
IMHO don't clutter but provide clean separations.

I don't care much; any other votes?

Martin