Subject: Re: Increasing maximum partition to 16
To: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/29/2000 08:57:29
On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Chuck Silvers wrote:

: > On the partitioning issue, that's something that's not going to suddenly
: > go away.  16 partitions, for the moment, ought to be enough.
:
: for the moment, for many people, sure.  but eventually it won't be,
: and then we'll be having this same discussion again.  I'd like to
: having people thinking about the more general solution instead.
: and even better, implementing the more general solution.

Fine; please create a separate thread for it.  Again, there's nothing
technically stopping i386 from going to 16.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/